This video shows what a deferred tax asset is in Financial Accounting. Deferred tax assets reduce taxes paid in future periods (they represent future tax savings). Deferred tax assets result from temporary differences between book and tax income. This video provides an example to illustrate how a deferred tax asset could arise and the journal entries that would be necessary to record the deferred tax asset.
This video was funded by a Civic Engagement Fund grant from the Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement at Washington University in St. Louis.
Edspira is the creation of Michael McLaughlin, who went from teenage homelessness to a PhD.
Edspira’s mission is to make a high-quality business education accessible to all people.
SUBSCRIBE FOR A FREE 53-PAGE GUIDE TO THE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS & OTHER FREE GUIDES
LISTEN TO THE SCHEME PODCAST
* Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/scheme/id1522352725
* Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/4WaNTqVFxISHlgcSWNT1kc
* Website: https://www.edspira.com/podcast-2/
CONNECT WITH EDSPIRA
* Website: https://www.edspira.com
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/edspiradotcom
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/edspira
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Edspira
* Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/edspira
CONNECT WITH MICHAEL
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/prof-michael-mclaughlin
* Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/Prof_McLaughlin
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prof_mclaughlin
* Snapchat: https://www.snapchat.com/add/prof_mclaughlin
HIRE MCLAUGHLIN CPA
* Website: http://www.MichaelMcLaughlin.com/hire-me