In this episode of “Tax File Minute: Answers from a Tax Insider,” Jackson Hewitt’s Chief Tax Information Officer Mark Steber covers the basics of filing your income taxes, which can be a nerve-racking experience , especially after you’ve had a big life change that can impact your tax situation.
He answers common questions like:
• What counts as taxable income?
• Who needs to file taxes?
• Why are tax refunds a good thing and why isn’t it a bad thing to have a balance due?
• What are key moments that would change my tax situation?
• What happens if I don’t file?
• What happens if I get an IRS notice?
#taxfiling #taxtips #2020taxes #2021taxes
To learn more about how to file your taxes, visit https://bit.ly/3nsgAHF.
Subscribe to Jackson Hewitt: https://www.youtube.com/c/jacksonhewi…
For more help with your taxes year-round, visit https://www.jacksonhewitt.com/