What do US expats living abroad think about paying US taxes, renouncing their citizenship, voting from overseas, and how the US handled the Coronavirus pandemic? Find out in this video summing up an international Expat Opinion Survey of 4,000 American Citizens living in 125 foreign countries. TIMESTAMPS:
00:00 What do Americans abroad think about the U.S.?
00:10 Expat Opinion Survey 2020-2021
00:30 About the survey (disclaimer)
01:09 What is an Expat, anyway?
01:18 How many US citizens live abroad?
01:25 #1 Expats Don’t Like Paying US Taxes Abroad
02:24 Citizenship-Based Taxation in the US
02:52 #2 US Government’s Handling of Coronavirus
04:17 91% of Americans chose to stay abroad during pandemic
04:31 #3 Renouncing US Citizenship
06:21 #4 Americans Who Voted Abroad in 2020
06:49 Democrats VS. Republicans Abroad
07:26 Why Expats Don’t Vote
08:17 Repealing Citizenship-Based Taxation
08:40 WhyI Left Costa Rica and How I See the US After Living Abroad
Other videos you might like:
* How I See the US After 15 Years Living Abroad: https://youtu.be/DO5x_tJBn7w
* Why American Expats Leave Costa Rica: https://youtu.be/cbGMngGx2xk
* Playlist: Expat Lifestyle & Living Abroad (What It’s Like): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsTStwiO7jmocNIFUJ3dou4MZ6bYidl-d
Travel Insurance I use: http://bit.ly/SafetyWingIns (My affiliate link)
International Money Transfer Account I use: http://bit.ly/transferwisebank (Get your first £500 free with my link)
My podcast on why US Expats have low voter turnout and vote democratic: https://www.badassdigitalnomads.com/the-shocking-truth-about-how-us-expats-vote/
Resources and References:
* Expat Opinion Survey Full Results 2020: “Expats Speak Out on Taxes, Coronavirus, and Voting” https://www.greenbacktaxservices.com/blog/2020-expat-opinion-survey-results/
* Vote in the 2021 Expat Opinion Survey: https://www.greenbacktaxservices.com/blog/annual-us-expat-survey/
* Democrats Abroad: https://www.democratsabroad.org
* Republicans Abroad: https://republicansoverseas.com
* Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Map: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.htm
* US American Politics and Policy: “Expat Americans Are the most Important Voting Bloc You’ve Never Heard Of” https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2016/03/24/expatriate-americans-are-the-most-important-voting-bloc-youve-never-heard-of/
* American Expat Financial News Journal: “The Mystery of the Missing American Expatriate Numbers” https://americanexpatfinance.com/news/item/196-mystery-of-the-missing-american-expatriate-numbers
* Voting information and resources for US Citizens Abroad: https://www.fvap.gov
❤️ Subscribe to my Channel: http://bit.ly/TravelwithKristin
🎧 Subscribe to my Podcast: https://www.badassdigitalnomads.com/
✈️ Subscribe to my Newsletter: https://www.travelingwithkristin.com/subscribe
👱🏻♀️ About: Kristin Wilson is a digital nomad, online entrepreneur, and expat relocation consultant who has lived, worked, or traveled in 60 countries over the last 15+ years. In the past decade, she has helped 1,000’s of people move abroad or travel full-time while working remotely.
Kristin is also a writer, public speaker, podcaster, and TV host who has been featured on The Today Show, HGTV’s House Hunters International, Huffpost, Bloomberg Businessweek, The New York Times, Business Insider, ESPN, and more.
WORK WITH ME:
🗺 Get help traveling or moving abroad: https://www.orbisrelocation.com/
💡 Inquire about partnership and collaboration opportunities at: https://www.travelingwithkristin.com/partnerships
➡️ All other inquiries, email: hello[at]travelingwithkristin.com
Connect on Social Media:
📸 Follow on Instagram: http://bit.ly/TWKinstagram
❤️ Support on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/travelingwithkristin
💙 Join my Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/digitalnomadsuccess/
NOTE: This video is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not individual consulting or tax advice. Please consult a licensed professional and any relevant authorities such as your local government, airline, embassy, consulate, and/or tourism providers before booking international travel, moving abroad, filing a tax return, or applying for a work permit or work and travel visa.
#expat #livingabroad #americans